Experience a Korean Trend at Home: How to Make Dalgona Coffee
Are you looking to recreate the creamy, whipped coffee that took the internet by storm in 2020? Well, you've come to the right place. Our Dalgona Coffee recipe, hailing from South Korea, will guide you through crafting this sweet, frothy delight, perfect for impressing your family, friends, and Instagram followers!
Dalgona Coffee rose to worldwide fame during the COVID-19 lockdowns, largely through social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram. Named after a popular Korean sugar sweet for its similar taste, this "reverse cappuccino" is made by whipping instant coffee, sugar, and hot water until creamy and topping it over a glass of chilled milk. Despite its fancy appearance, Dalgona Coffee is surprisingly easy to make, requiring just a few simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1
- 2 tablespoons of instant coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of hot water
- Milk (to serve)
- Combine the instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl.
- Using a whisk or a hand mixer, whip the mixture until it becomes super frothy and reaches stiff peaks. This should take about 2-3 minutes with a mixer, or about 5-10 minutes if whisking by hand.
- Fill a glass most of the way full with your choice of milk, then dollop and smooth the whipped coffee mixture on top.
- Your Dalgona Coffee is ready to serve! Stir well before drinking to combine the layers.